1. Name the 3 classifications of joints according to function and according to structure.
2. Name the 3 types of fibrous joints and the 2 types of cartilaginous joints. Give an example of each and classify each according to function.
3. Describe the major components of a synovial joint.
4. Define flexion, extension, hyperextension, abduction, adduction, rotation, circumduction, inversion, eversion, dorsiflexion, plantar flexion, protraction, retraction, supination, pronation, elevation, and depression.
5. Name the 6 types of synovial joints according to the articular shape. Describe the shape and give an example of each.
Return to Hays BIO 231 Homepage.