1. Describe the relationship between bones and skeletal muscles in producing body movements.
2. Define origin, belly, and insertion.
3. Define a lever and fulcrum. Compare the 3 classes of levers on the basis of placement of the fulcrum, effort, and resistance.
4. Discuss most body movements as activities of groups of muscles by explaining the roles of the prime mover (agonist), antagonist, synergist, and fixator.
5. Define the criteria employed in naming skeletal muscles.
6. Know the general location and action for ALL muscles on the human muscles handout. Know the specific origin and insertion for the muscles marked with a "*".