1. Define sensation.
2. Define receptor and describe its function.
3. Define generator potential.
4. Define projection, adaptation, afterimages, and modality as they pertain to sensations.
5. Classify receptors according to the location of the stimulus.
6. Classify receptors according to the type of stimulus.
7. Describe 2 point discrimination and lateral inhibition.
8. Define receptor field.
9. List the location, name, and function of the receptors for tactile sensations, (touch, pressure, vibration), thermoreceptive sensations (heat, cold), and pain.
10. Define referred pain.
11. Identify the proprioceptive receptors and indicate their functions.