Dr. Weiying Zhu
Department of Mathematics and
State College of Denver
Office Phone: (303) 352-7278
Office: SI-1026, Science Building
Dr. Zhu received the Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Old
Dominion University, Norfolk, VA in August 2006, the M.S. in Communication and
Information Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology,
Wuhan, China in June 1999, and the B.S. in Biomedical Electronic Engineering
from Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China in July 1996. She worked as a
software engineer in Bell Labs China at Lucent Technologies from July 1999 to
January 2003. She had been an assistant professor in Hampton University from August
2006 to July 2011. She joined Metropolitan State College of Denver in August
2011. Her career has been distinguished by a series of awards such as the in
the Provost Teaching Innovation Award in April 2010, the First Place Graduate
Research Award at Global Challenges, Local Solutions: Annual Research Expo in
Norfolk, VA in April 2006, the University Dissertation Fellowship in Academic
Year 2005–2006, the ECE Ph.D. Research Assistant Award in 2004, the member of
Bell Labs President’s Gold Winner Team Award in 2000, and University
Outstanding Thesis Award in 1999.
- CS1050 – Computer Science 1, Fall 2011
- CS2400 – Computer Organization and Assembly Language, Fall
- RFID Security
- Wireless sensor networks
- Mobile ad hoc network
- Network modeling and simulation
- Network performance analysis
Highlighted R&D projects before joining Metro State:
- Weiying Zhu, "Using Wireless Tablet PCs in
Electrical/Computer Engineering Courses," accepted, 118th ASEE Annual
Conference & Exposition, Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 2011.
- Weiying Zhu, "Energy-Saving Event-Driven Wakeup and
Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE GLOBECOM 2010, Miami, FL,
December 6-10, 2010.
- Weiying Zhu and Min Song, “Performance Analysis of Large
Multicast Packet Switches with Multiple Input Queues and Gathered
Traffic,” Computer Communications, Elsevier, Volume 33, Issue 7, May 2010,
- Weiying Zhu, Chutima Boonthum, Jean Muhammad, and Robert
Willis, “Wireless Tablet PC-Based Enhancement to Student Learning in
Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Computer Science
Courses,” (Poster), The 40th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science
Education (SIGCSE 2009), Chattanooga, TN, March 2009.
- Weiying Zhu, Min Song, and Stephan Olariu, “Integrating
Stability Estimation into Quality of Service Routing in Mobile Ad-Hoc
Networks,” inProceedings of the Fourteenth IEEE International Workshop on
Quality of Service (IWQoS 2006), Yale University, New Haven, CT, June
- Weiying Zhu and Min Song, “Integration of Unicast and
Multicast Scheduling in Input-Queued Packet Switches,” Computer Networks,
Elsevier, Volume 50, Issue 5, April 2006, pp. 667–687.
- Min Song, Weiying Zhu, Andrea Fancini, and Mansoor Alam,
“Performance Analysis of Large Multicast Switches with Multicast Virtual
Output Queues,” Computer Communications, Elsevier, Volume 28, Issue 2,
Feb. 2005, pp. 189–198.
- Min Song and Weiying Zhu, “Integrated Queuing and
Scheduling for Unicast and Multicast Traffic in Input-Queued Packet Switches,”in
Proceedings of the2nd IASTED International Conference on Communication and
Computer Networks (CCN 2004), MIT, Cambridge, MA,November 8–10, 2004.
- Min Song and Weiying Zhu, “Throughput Analysis for a
Multicast Switch with Two Input Queues,” IEEE Communications Letters,July
2004, pp. 479–481.
- Min Song and Weiying Zhu, “Delay Analysis of Multicast
Switches with Multiple Input Queues,” in Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE
Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2004), Arizona
State University, Phoenix, AZ, April 18–21, 2004.
- Weiying Zhu, Bingxin Shi, and Ling Zhou, “The application
of discrete event simulation method based on object-oriented programming
on the simulation of LAN,” Mini-Micro Systems, Shenyang, China, June 1999,
- Weiying Zhu and Bingxin Shi, “TCP/IP communication using
WinInet,” Computers & Communications, Beijing, China, November 1998,